- Easy project archive & backup & organisation
- Purge a model knowing a backup is available
- Autodesk Revit – Version: 2017 , 2016 , 2015, 2014
The Import/Export Excel allows you to synchronize data back and forth between Autodesk® Revit® and Excel. It also means you can alleviate the data management process by delegating tasks related to the model to team members that don’t use the model. You can export schedules as well as Revit standards to manage them in Excel. Once modified, you import the data back to Revit and your schedules or standards are going to be updated.
- Data management without managing the 3D model
- Better segregation of duties
- Reduced training costs on BIM software’s
Documentation can be found here
Read only and type parameters: Some parameters in Revit are considered as “read-only” when their value is controlled by the Revit engine. You won’t be able to modify this kind of parameters even you modify it in the Excel file because you aren’t allowed to write in those parameters. Type parameters are one in a kind parameters too. If we modify them, we modify all the instances of that type. For that matter, type parameter modifications are not supported by our application. Read only parameters and type parameters are colored in light gray when exporting to Excel so you can distinguish them from the rest.
Importing Issue: It is mandatory to use the Export feature at first and let the add-in generate its own fields. Importing a man-made Excel file will not work as Revit will only answer to a specific structure of data. Once the file has been exported, you can only modify existing data in the fields generated during the export. Adding lines/columns will not work as they won’t be recognized by Revit. However, you can fill-in empty fields as long as they belong to a line/column that was generated by the export tool.
- Autodesk Revit – Version: 2017 , 2016 , 2015
- Autodesk Revit Architecture – Version: 2016 , 2015 , 2014
- Autodesk Revit Structure – Version: 2016 , 2015 , 2014
- Autodesk Revit MEP – Version: 2016 , 2015 , 2014
Company Name: Virtual construction and technology BIM One Inc.